The 2023 edition will be offered in French.
SAVE THESE DATES!
The next edition of the IBTN Summer School will take place in French from May 1 to 5, 2023.
- Application period: Open late November 2022
- Deadline for submissions: Late January 2023
- Offers of admission: TBA
- Deadline to accept admission: TBA
The IBTN Summer School in Behavioural Trials is an academic program held over 5 days exploring how to breakthrough current obstacles in behavioural trial methodologies and expand the reach, capacity, and impact of trials in the field of behavioural medicine.
Working with internationally renowned experts in innovative clinical trials, behavioural intervention development, and patient-oriented research, participants will learn about developing effective behavioural interventions and conducting high-quality trials through interactive workshops and training activities.
The IBTN Summer School is designed to foster networking opportunities for its participants, and also features online activities held both before and after the on-site program.
Key Dates for the 2023 Edition
- When: From May 1 to 5 (with possible opening event on the evening of April 30)
- Where: In person in Montréal, Canada on the UQAM campus
- Application deadline: Late January (exact date TBA)
- Who: Open to graduate students and early career researchers who want to develop and extend their knowledge about behavioural trials
Application Period: Opens in November
Participation in the IBTN Summer School is reserved for candidates having accepted an offer of admission. Please refer to the terms of application and admission process for more details and to access the application form.
Academic Leader for the 2023 IBTN Summer School
Kim L. Lavoie, PhD, FCPA, FABMR
Professor, Canada Research Chair in Behavioural Medicine, Department of Psychology, University of Quebec at Montreal (UQAM)
Co-Director, Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre mbmc-cmcm.ca
Researcher, Chronic Disease Division, CIUSSS-NIM – Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montreal
Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal
Co-Lead, International Behavioural Trials Network ibtnetwork.org
Chair, Canadian Network for Health Behavior Change can-change.ca
Member, College of the Royal Society of Canada
2023 IBTN Summer School Committee Members
2023 IBTN Summer School Core Faculty
- Simon Bacon, PhD – Concordia University (Canada)
- Kim Lavoie, PhD – Université du Québec à Montréal (Canada)
- Others to be announced