In the fall of 2021, the International Behavioural Trials Network (IBTN) inaugurated a biennial investigator competition.
The competition involves three distinct awards:
- Career Investigator Award
- New Investigator Award
- LMIC Investigator Award
Awardees are invited to give a 20-minute presentation at the biennnial IBTN international conference, usually held in Montreal, Canada. Award winners have their conference fees waived, are invited to the conference gala dinner, and receive an honorarium.
- Career Investigator Award nominees must have obtained their PhD in the field of behavioural trials and interventions over 10 years ago.
- New Investigator Award nominees must be within 10 years of completion of their PhD in the field of behavioural trials and interventions.
- LMIC Investigator Award nominees must be based in a lower- and middle-income country (view list) and work in the field of behavioural trials and interventions.
Please note: For the purpose of calculating number of years, nominations may omit any years spent on leave (personal, medical, parental, care-giving, or other) from their calculations.
Nominations must include:
- A letter of nomination (maximum 1 page) that includes details of how they have made an outstanding contribution to the field of behavioural intervention design, testing and trials in accordance to stage of their career and the award being sought.
- The nominee’s academic CV (any format, in English or French)
- A bio sketch (maximum 4 pages) using the following headers:
- Institution and location
- Degree (if applicable)
- Start date and completion date
- Field of study
- Personal statement
- Positions, scientific appointments and honours
- Contributions to science
- Publications and book chapters
- Conference and invited presentations
Submission Process and Deadline:
The call for nominations is issued in the fall and nominations are received until early February. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Lower and Middle Income Countries for the purposes of the 2022 IBTN Investigator Awards
Based on the most recent World Bank classifications
Central African Republic
Congo, Dem. Rep.
Egypt, Arab Rep.
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank Gaza