The IBTN Conference will be held from May 19 to 21, 2022, and is open to anyone registering to attend. The conference will include a poster session.
Authors whose posters have been selected have until February 25, 2022 to accept and confirm their attendance to the conference (either virtually or in person). Presenting Authors will then be required to register for the conference before the conference registration deadline (April 29, 2022).
Please note that the decision to accept an abstract is based on a peer-review process. Prizes will be awarded for the best abstracts submitted by students.
Timeline and Deadlines
- Call for poster abstracts
- November 2, 2021
- Poster abstract submission deadline
- January 24, 2022, 11:59PM EST
- Early bird registration period
- January 31 to April 1, 2022
- Notification for acceptance of poster abstracts
- February 7, 2022
- Poster abstract author’s deadline for confirmation
- February 25, 2022, 11:59PM EST
- Deadline to register for the conference
- April 29, 2022
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or French (for those submitting in French, please refer to the Publication section)
- Abstracts can be submitted in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .odt, .ott, .pdf, .rtf
- The total length of the abstract should not exceed 1,750 characters (including spaces and excluding the authors and their affiliations).
- All abstracts presenting a protocol must include the word “Protocol” in their title, and have the name of the trial registry, and the trial registration number included as the last line of the abstract. Unless they are registered protocols, abstracts need to include at least preliminary results. Non-registered protocols or abstracts without any results will not be accepted.
- The name of the Presenting Author must be indicated in bold and the name of the Corresponding Author must be indicated with an asterisk.
- The abstract must include the following clearly identified headings:
- Abstract title
- Authors, Author Titles and Affiliations
Download a sample (PDF format) to help you prepare your submission. Or view the abstracts presented at the 2020 conference published in the journal Annals of Behavioral Medicine.
Publication of Abstracts
- Abstracts will be published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Authors submitting a French-language abstract can present their abstract in French or English at the conference. However, if they wish to have their abstract published, they will need to submit an English translation with their submission.
Frequently asked questions
If I submit an abstract and then can’t attend the conference, will it still be published?
All abstracts that will be published need to be presented. If you are not able to attend, a coauthor can present the abstract on your behalf. If you are a student and the person who presents the abstract is not a student too then you will no longer be eligible for a student award.
I will not be participating in the IBTN Summer School. Can I still submit a poster abstract to the conference?
Absolutely! Presenting Authors attending the conference are not required to apply to the Summer School. Summer School candidates are offered admission based on a separate application process. Poster abstract submissions will be evaluated through a separate peer-review process.
I will not be participating in the IBTN Summer School. Can I still attend the IBTN conference?
No problem! People attending the Conference are not required to attend the Summer School. Admission to the Summer School is managed through a separate selective process. Only selected Summer School applicants will be offered admission.
Information for Summer School Applicants
The 2022 IBTN Summer School and IBTN Conference have been organized in parallel and run sequentially specifically to allow Summer School applicants to also submit a poster abstract (if they wish to do so). For those submitting applications to both of these IBTN initiatives, simply consult the information provided to IBTN Summer School applicants, along with the information provided on this page for IBTN Conference poster abstract submissions. Deadlines have been coordinated to allow for applications to both events.
If you have questions or concerns, contact the IBTN team at email@example.com.